Gateway Construction, LLC is searching for an estimator to join our team in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The estimator will be responsible for performing accurate plan takeoffs for residential and multi-family construction projects and assisting with purchasing duties. To be successful in this position, you must be very organized, detail-oriented and have a good understanding of the materials and processes utilized to construct single-family and multi-family projects. Prior estimating experience, a solid construction background and the ability to read blueprints are required. Please submit resume on Indeed only; no phone calls or drop-ins. EOE
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete takeoffs for plans and plan options
- Complete estimates and bids
- Understand plot plans, foundation plans and engineering designs
- General knowledge of residential and multi-family construction
- Work to create and maintain items and assemblies in a database
- Utilize a database to create an itemized estimate
- Perform on-site field visits to validate takeoffs
- Understand standard bidding practices
- Process plan changes and takeoff changes
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Keep management informed of any issues related to estimating and takeoff practices
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Experience with BuildPro preferred but not required
- 2-4 years estimating experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and OneDrive
- Able to utilize estimating software
- Able to use cost estimating guides
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Strong organizational skills
- Eager to take on challenges and learn new things
As part of our dedicated team, you’ll enjoy a pleasant working environment, competitive wages and outstanding benefits including:
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Optional dental & vision plans
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance plan
Submit Your Application & Résumé
To apply, please submit your completed application and résumé to email@example.com.
Click to download an application.
We’ll keep your information on file for a minimum of six months and if a position for which you’re qualified opens during that time, we’ll immediately consider you for that role.
Gateway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with us is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications related to the position. We do not discriminate on any basis. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. As a Drug Free Workplace Employer, all applicants must pass pre-employment screenings.