Home Building Process
- Select the area that fits the needs of you and your family.
- With the assistance of a Sales Associate or our Client Sales Manager, select the plan that fits your lifestyle and works on the lot or site that you’ve selected.
- Work with your lender to secure an approval and loan commitment.
- Meet with our Project Manager to determine any plan modifications needed to make your new home meet your needs.
- A total price of the modifications will be presented and a final set of home plans will be drafted upon your approval.
- Our Interior Designer will meet with you to facilitate in the selections for your new home finishes, both exterior and interior.
Framing and Outlining
- A permitting process will begin. Gateway Construction, LLC will apply for a permit in the City or County where your home will be built.
- Once the permit is received, we will begin breaking ground on your new home!
- The foundation stage is next and you will see the layout of your home on your lot, excavation and then placing of the foundation.
- After foundation backfill the next stage is framing. You will see walls of your new home being constructed and the roof decking will be added. Exterior doors and windows will be installed.
- Rough plumbing will be installed to supply the water to your bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen and exterior hose bibs. Showers and tubs will be installed, as well as heating, air-conditioning and electrical systems put into place.
- We will meet with you at the home to select the location of your phone and cable outlets. This will also give you the opportunity to view the progress of construction prior to the application of insulation and drywall.
- Your home will be wired and the City will inspect all of the rough systems and components of your home.
- Insulation will be installed and an energy inspection will be performed by a third-party energy inspector.
- Drywall is hung and finished with texture and the interior selections you’ve made will begin to take shape!
- The exterior of surface of your home will be completed with stone, siding or other material as selected.
- It’s now time for interior doors, cabinets, baseboard and trim. Any tile or hardwood will be installed. The initial painting process will also be started.
- At this stage, the mechanical and electrical systems will be completed. Plumbing, lighting, countertops, mirrors, shower doors, appliances and carpet, are also installed. All those things that make your home yours, are being completed!
- All of the finishing touches now take place. Paint touch ups will be made. The interior and exterior of the home will be professionally cleaned. Weather permitting, landscaping will be installed. The building inspector will perform a final inspection to ensure codes have been met, the third party energy inspection will also have their final inspections and a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.
- At this point, the Superintendent and Project Manager each do a complete inspection and checklist of your home to make sure everything is functioning correctly and that your home is in perfect move-in condition. Any items that need attention will be corrected.
- You will be contacted and a time will be established to do a pre closing walk-through of the home with the Project Manager. He will take the time you need to walk the home and address any concerns, review the systems of your home and discuss critical maintenance items and tips. He will also cover the warranty proccedures with you. You will be given ample opportunity to address any “touch-up” or completion concerns. You should plan on at least 2 hours to complete this process. Feel free to ask any questions that you have about your new home!
- A final walk-through will be completed at this time to make sure everything meets Gateway Constructions standards of quality and workmanship.
- Congratulations!!! You are ready for your closing and settlement. Upon closing, you will receive complete copies of your documents and the keys to your amazing new Gateway home!
- After you move in, Gateway Construction, LLC, will continue the same outstanding customer service that you’ve had from day one. Our Client Services/Sales Manager will be in touch with you to go over any questions and concerns you may have and to make sure you understand how to reach us for any issues that may arise during your warranty period.